Wednesday 26 September 2007

The second day of the term.

Well, I am a bit behind schedule in many things, but want to post daily here during this week. I imagine that this week will be one of the busiest of the term, with the biggest amount of new information and experiences in a very short time.



We had a very interesting presentation on team management by Nick Arding on Monday. Or was it Tuesday? It is really easy to get mixed up, so much has happened in such a short time. But it was on Monday. And it was really a great presentation, obviously very refined by countless repetitions and presentations in different events.
Learned not only about organizing a climbing expedition of Royal Navy Marines to the summit of Mount Everest, but also how to use photos and music effectively, though I am a bit suspicious of music with PowerPoint, still.

Yesterday we had the day to get to know our syndicate groups. I am part of what has called itself the Young Stars group (I am no fan of the name, and they know it. But at least we are not called Oceans 11, like 3 other groups.). We are 11 people and, according to a very interesting exercise with coloured cards, we are quite varied in our personalities, but complement each other quite well. The whole day was used to build a simple gliding plane.
Some conflicts in the morning and a bit more focused work in the afternoon, after a review session. But I was glad to see how the team worked. I put myself in front of the team for most of the time due to the nature of the task. It was a good learning experience, but it is not something I want to do too often, I know I can act like a bulldozer sometimes. And I've gotten honest and direct feedback, which I appreciated.



But it is already too late again, almost 1 a.m., and I should be sleeping. So I will not write about the C.V. writing sessions with the fast speaking people of Penhella, or about the first accounting exercise which took ages of my lunch to be completed, or the Alumni meeting some 5 of us attended in Leamington Spa tonight. But I'll put one photo here and, if the upload has finished, the link to another album of photos.

http://picasaweb.google.de/ferbress/070925WarwickTeamBuilding
070925 Warwick Team Building

0 comments:

Post a Comment