Sunday 9 September 2007

Eating in Mannheim

Well, one of the aims of this MBA blog is to record some practical information which might be useful for future MBA candidates. So I'll start in Mannheim, after having spent a week there.
It is of course important to have an idea of the costs for food and beverages. And these costs are difficult to find on the internet.
The first meal I took at the EO, which is the smaller cafeteria in the castle, very trendy and well thought of. There you also have WLAN access, so people go there to study and work while drinking a coffee. But it is a bit noisy during lunch hours.
If you go there and pay cash, you'll pay the normal price. If you get an eccum card and load it with credit, you get the discounted price, 20% off. Since I didn't have my card on Tuesday, I payed the normal price.
I spent about €9,50 for this first meal. It was a good meal with salad, pasta and meat. Additionally, I drank a Bionade, which is a German soft drink I recommend. Well, it is not cheap, but it isn't expensive either. My aim is to spend less than that in the future, but it was OK on Tuesday, since it is very conveniently located, a good place to go if you don't have much time.
I also bought sandwiches there on Friday, at about €2,50 each. The sandwiches were excellent, I have to say.
Another option in Mannheim is the main cafeteria, or Mensa. There you have 4 different menus, including vegetarian. I don't know the prices exactly, but I guess you can eat for less than €5,00 without beverage.
We went once to eat at an Indian fast food. I paid around €5,00 with beverage (or Getränk), which was a good price. The restaurant is located about 3 blocks from the Villa, and I ordered the small dish, which was more than enough for me, and quite tasty.
Well, that's it for now. I hope this blog develops well and the info is useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment