Friday 14 September 2007

London, first photos

Well, a first note on travelling to London. Those cheap flight to Stanstead are really temping. But take into consideration that you will spend at least an extra 25 pounds (almost €40,00) to get to Central London, between the train, the tube and change comission. The best bet is London City airport.


At Stanstead


The day after, taking a bus trip from Hammersmith Hospital to Piccadilly Circus. Why Piccadilly? Because. It was as good a destination as any other. I chose the bus over the tube so that I could see the sights too, sitting in the top front left spot. This inverted traffic system is really scary.


Then a stop at Apple's store on Regent Street. I liked the stairs a lot. Made of glas. It is interesting, though, to watch how things work there. It has characteristics of a church, school, social center. You really don't go there just to buy things. You can spend hours testing everything, learning from the instructors, watching product presentations and workshops.

From 070912-13 London
Good thing I am not a Mac fan, or I would have come out of the shop a lot poorer. But the new iPod Nano is nice. And I have friends who enjoy this, so I put the photos online.

And later I was walking towards Piccadilly Circus I heard the distinctive sound of live music. And, sure enough, great funk music with tight horn lines was flowing out of a big fancy shop. I got in, spent some minutes, drank a nice glass of berry juice, shot this short video and continued on my way.


More photos here.

1 comment: