Tuesday 8 January 2008

The sleepless goat cafe

It has been a while since I last wrote. I got top know the town (pics online), met Viktoria, Marc and even Sujay who is still here due to visa problems. Sujay introduced us to the school and night life in Kingston (K), although we have not been the best party goers around.



I messed my sleeping hours last week, mainly to time difference with the Middle East and to the season 1 of Heroes, a cool show Cristiano got me for Christmas. Thankfully it is over and I will now be able to concentrate on K. There is the schedule to be checked, both at the business school and at the co-op I'm living in. There also some pre-reading to finish for classes on Monday and a cell phone number to be bought.



The weather has changed quite a lot. From the perfect powder snow and -13 degrees Celsius temps on Thursday to mildly negative temps on Friday to mildly positive today. All the snow is melting and everything is wet and slippery. Gonna stay at home today, after buying some hair gel.
This cafe seems to be nice. Very well visited (and, therefore, probably liked) it is another co-op, the third one I've ran accross here in CA. The portions are big, the prices reasonable and they take pride in using bio food for "homemade" dishes. The attendance is quiet varied, with the obvious presence of the students, who started to pour into town yesterday. But you also see older couples and even one or two families here. It is almost 12 and it continues to be full, with a very healthy turnover. A nice place, I will probably visit it more often, the music is good, though th potatos were too salty.



Now most of the shops will be soon open, and it is time for me to move.

0 comments:

Post a Comment