Tuesday 1 January 2008

Aborting the take off in Nashville

And here we are, back again at the ramp where it all started. Air Canada flight 8031, due to arrive in Toronto at 13:08, will be late.
All seemed fine during take off, until, unexpectedly, the plane slowed down. And then the brakes were applied more strongly and the plane diverted off the main lane.
"Brake testing", one passenger in front of me believed. "Unusual", I thought, but hoped he was right and believed it too. Until the captain told us they had gotten some warnings and needed to go back to the ramp to have the plane checked.
Dec 31st, 2007. At the Silver Dolar, waiting for the show to begin, decided to finish this episode. So we got out of the plane and people from Delta Airlines, who were operating the flight for Air Canada, told us they couldn't do anything for us and that we should call a 1-800 number. But people at that number were even less informed. It seemed that I would have to stay over in Nashville for another day.
Which was, actually, fine by me. I didn't have nothing planned for Toronto and knew that an interesting band would be playing on Saturday at the Station Inn I had visited on Friday.
But waiting payed off. There was a rumor that the plane might be ready in 2 hours and this to be almost true. They actually needed an extra half hour to test the engines once more, and I was glad to wait for THAT.
And that was made up by the tail wind we had, so, at 4 p.m., only 2 hours late, I set my feet in Canada for the first time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment