Wednesday 30 January 2008

A quick impression on the weather around here

I don't know if this has been being a normal winter here in Kingston so far, but something tells me that it hasn't. I arrived here on a very cold day, below -12 degrees. There was ice on the bays of the Lake Ontario and a beautiful snow blanket over the city.
The first week was unusually warm, and all the snow melted. Last week we had snow and cold again, the Victoria Park ice rink was opened and we even went cross country skiing on Sunday, with temperatures around zero.
Yesterday we had positive temperatures around five degrees and, again, most of the snow disappeared. And today I stepped out of the house at 7:15 to the worst weather I've seen here, a mix of snow and rain (but mostly snow) and a very heavy and agitated wind.
On days like today, you just wish to stay in your room.

1 comment: