Saturday 26 January 2008

Accommodation in Mannheim

I decided to take the offer of the business school and live in one of theri studio apartments close to the castle. The price is much lower than what I payed in England and here in Canada, but higher than I would get if I got one of the oficial student accommodation places run by the University.
Yes, it will cost me maybe 3 hundred Euros more for the initial 3 months I have booked there, but the reasoning is that I am buying peace of mind. I will arrive on the 6th of April in Mannheim, commencing classes on the 7th. I don't want to find out on a Sunday afternoon that something with my room is wrong. So I took it. Of course, my two beautiful Russian speaking colleagues here who are taking the term here in Canada with me made their best effort to convince me to sign for the apartment, and I gave in. Since I had budgeted these expenses in advance, all is well on the financial side as well, although I had hoped to save some money there.
Now I have to get a confirmation from the Business School, to see if I am staying where I want to. If not, I will try the University accommodation. Besides being a bit cheaper, they offer the possibility of getting to know new people. There is always risk involved with that, but my experiences here at the co-op in Canada and at Lakeside 4 in Coventry have been pleasant enough so far.
I will keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment