Wednesday 19 December 2007

Dublin

  • Never saw too much. And only in the dark. Arrived late at night and went straight to the hostel.
  • Try not to get there after 11 p.m., as it seems that the 747 bus for the city centre runs only until 11:45. 6 Euro. I had €12 with me and used €1 to call England from a payphone. Got the extra Euro from an American guy, who changed it for a one dollar bill I had in my wallet.
  • Cars still drive on the wrong side of the road.

  • People maintain the British tradition of wasting themselves with beer during the week.
  • Hostel was OK, although I was not able to make a comprehensive appraisal. They were nice enough. The name is Barnacles Guest House or something similar beside the famous Temple Bar Pub.
  • Alight from the bus at the O' Connell Street by the spike and catch it back there to the airport again. Around 30 minutes travel, plus 10 minutes to/from the hostel.
  • Trip which I made 3 times in the morning as I forgot my cell phone on the bed and discovered only when I was already waiting for the bus.
  • Only 6 kg hand luggage on Aer Lingus flight. And my laptop alone weights 3,7 kg. But I am allowed to take the laptop under the arm.
  • No problems with the US immigration, who had special departure gates in Dublin. At least 6 officers checking everybody. It is good to have the European citizenship and be able to waive the visa.

I am scary after a day of travelling, am I not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment