Sunday 23 December 2007

Arrival in Nashville

OK, so finally I arrived in Nashville. It is very much like a dream come true. I always wanted to come to Nashville, to visit my family here and experience the "American way of life". But it never worked out. Bad timing, usually, like that time with that incident they later called 9/11.
But now I am here and it is pretty cool. My family is cool. I like all my cousins and I am sure I am going to have fun with them.
Today I was glad I had decided to take a car to the airport. The day sarted really wet in New York, and it wouldn't have been nice to walk 5 or 6 blocks in Queens with two heavy suitcases and a backpack under the cold (really cold) rain.
In the airport all went well. I again was screened very thoroughly, I have to find out what is it, that makes those people suspicious. But the flight was without incidents and I even caught some American football on TV at JFK.
Here in Nashville we had the whole family together, commemorating Stephen's 14th birthday. Was a good way to start my stay here in Nashville.

0 comments:

Post a Comment