Wednesday 10 October 2007

WBS Telecom Forum

The Allumni Association organized a forum on Telecom on Monday. I wasn't going, but went. Good company and I am here to expand my horizons, right?
I am glad I did.

 

We had 3 presenters, and the first one, Gabriel Solomon, did an excellent job of downloading a huge amount of information in a very short time. A couple of seconds per slide, that was it. It was maybe even a tiny bit too fast, but I surely liked it and time flew by, great style.
But not only the style of the first presentation was interesting. Actually, I found that the whole discussion was highly interesting for me. And the data Gabriel provided was very relevant.
They were talking about the situation onf the mobile phone market and infra-structure in Africa. This is not information you get served on a silver plate on a daily basis.
It reinforced my wish to study more about the economics when you are dealing with the poorest. There is lots of good things to do getting the majority of this planet economically involved, and there is money to be earned while doing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment