Sunday 18 November 2007

Snow at the University of Warwick

Yes, it really is snowing. In the beginning I thought it would be that disappointing sleet so common in late autumn, beginning of winter. But my expectations were exceeded, and now we have a couple or a bit more centimeters of fresh snow on the grass.

I like the snow. Actually I love it! It is not by chance that my favourite sport now is snowboarding, I just hope that I will be able to do some in Canada, but this is not very probable. But I had a lot of fun tonight, already.

It is nice to see grown up adult "mature" students turning into kids, going out on the court yard and starting snowball fights with strangers they would otherwise ignore during their routine on campus residence. But it is such an important event for many of us, who had never seen snow before. I caught some of them on video. For people from Taiwan, Sri Lanka and Mexico, this is really something special.

Now I just hope that the snow will still be there in the morning.

More pictures on Picasa, of course.
071118 Snow on Campus





0 comments:

Post a Comment