Friday 16 November 2007

Marketing success stories

Today we had 4 group presentations for the Market Analysis course. Each group got one company to analyse and explain to the class why it had found the company to be an example of a marketing success story and which criteria the group used to get to its conclusion.

My group was first and, I must admit, the best. The guys did a great job in researching, analysing and presenting the material. Sascha's slide looked great and the story we told was compelling. Of course, we chose the most fun subject: Sony vs. Wii. Really interesting case, I can only advise you to take a look at Nintendo's President's series of internal interviews, quite rich.

The other groups also did a great job. The BAA group with the noisy jet sounds and the great consumer type incenations were really memmorable.


The Boeing group packaged the presentation in a virtual flight with stewardess (oh, flight attendant, sorry), captain and first officer. Of course, in my humble oppinion, they couldn't have chosen a prettier flight attendant.

By the fourth group I must admit I was already really tired. They talked about Samsung, and now I will take a look at their mobile handsets. I am looking for a new one, and Sony Ericsson seems to have what I want. But the presentation convinced me to give Samsung a chance. What I also liked was that they were critical enough to cast some doubts on the sustainability of the current strategy.
All in all it was an interesting morning, eventhough it extended far too much into hour already reduced lunch hour. I believe the teacher was too optimistic by reserving only 25 minutes per group.

0 comments:

Post a Comment