Sunday 20 April 2008

The first week of classes in Mannheim

Tomorrow we are going to see how these weekly course are going to work out. Startin with Cross-Cultural Management, the electives in Mannheim are going to be taught in 5 days, only one week. We will have classes in the mornings and afternoons, the evenings being reserved for readings and team work.
I am a bit anxious about the whole thing. Having courses in only two weeks at Queen's University was already pretty tough, especially when we had double classes in the afternoon, for six long hours in a row. In the Mannheim case, this will be the rule, with the difference that we will have a lunch break inbetween.
Another characteristic of these courses is that you start the course on Monday and write an exam on Friday. I am sure that this will be the perfect system for some people and the worst nightmare possible for others. I hope that I belong to the former grou ;-)


Tomorrow we will also meet several of our colleagues from the partner schools. Today I meet the Queen's group, all are staying here at my apartment building. Three of them are going to take the course tomorrow, plus two ladies from Warwick Business School, who have already arrived also. This will certainly be fun!

Oh yes, and the weather was great today, finally!

2 comments:

  1. Hello. How are you? I have been reading your blogs since the past few days and you are doing a great job. I just got admitted to the Mannheim Business School today. I am looking forward to network with current students. Can we talk? Thanks a lot. -Praveen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Praveen,

    First of all, congrats, I am very happy studying at Mannheim BS and believe you will be, too.
    I tried to get in touch through Yahoo messenger. If you haven't received my e-mail address through that channel, leave your address here and I'll get in touch.
    Cheers,
    Fernando

    ReplyDelete