Saturday 12 April 2008

Capgemini Workshop

Capgemini came to Mannheim Business School to deliver a Consulting Skills workshop this Friday. It was an invitation event, you had to submit a letter of motivation and your CV to be chosen. I am glad I was one of the 16 participants.
The Capgemini team consisted of 4 people, from all levels, from consultant to principal. They were all very open and friendly and conducted the workshop in a very professional manner, as was to be expected.
The group was divided in 4 teams and each team had one Capgemini consultant as observer and moderator. The feedback they gave us was on spot, but, as a colleague of mine said in the last portion of the event, they were too kind to us.
For example, one of the exercises consisted in proving or disproving a set of assumptions or hypotheses. I did very well in explaining the assumption with relevant data, but didn't really check if the assumption was true to begin with. I talked to one of the consultants later and he confirmed that he had noticed that, but they didn't comment on it when we presented. I guess they don't want to scare any of us away with negative feedback. After all, this was a recruiting event.
I liked the people at Capgemini and am certainly going to apply. I received some encouraging feedback in the end, let's see how it goes.
All in all, the whole day event was well planned, with a good mix of theory and practical exercises, which were well chosen. I certainly learned some, got to know the company a bit better and had fun doing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment