Wednesday 20 February 2008

No playing allowed anymore

The weekend in Montreal was a well deserved pause. And, considering the fact that I am only taking one course this block, I was expecting to have a bit of slack now.
But it ain't so. It is not bad, but I have to pay attention. I am taking Services Management as a full course and Advanced Topics in Marketing as a listener. Should (and will) work out quite well. But Services Management is a very case intensive course, I have to read a lot. Additionally, I have to prepare 2 written case discussions, a case presentation with a group, another group assignment on customer loyalty and a compliment/complaint letter exercise. At least the last one is done and I had to do it anyway, as my complaint is a real one with a store in Toronto. And it seems that the issue will be solved.
The workload is high, but not unbearable. And the cases are interesting. But two of the courses I have taken last block still have left me bigger assignments I have to complete until the end of next week. This means quite a bit of juggling with appointments and a need of good planing and discipline.
I believe that I have found a good way to work. I simply stay in my team room in the Business School from as early as 7:45 in the morning to as late as midnight, or even 1 a.m.. I have the impression that I can concentrate better here that at home. At least during this week, when the co-op dining hall is closed and I am living of instant noodles cooked in the resource room's microwave oven. At least I don't have the co-op kitchen duty of 3 weekly hours to do. And now let me get back to the IKEA Child Labour case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment