Monday 18 August 2008

Recruitment Goes Mobile

I saw the title above in a twit from SJDelaney and thought that was a very counterintuitive thing. I don't want to look for jobs using the small screen of my mobile phone. And my Nokia E61 has a pretty decent screen. So I dismissed it as a hype, but went after the post anyway.
And lo and behold, I had to change my opinion after reading this paragraph written by Julian Stopps:

At the same time changes in corporate culture have motivated employees to migrate their job seeking off the PC and onto the mobile phone. The tightening of business policies and attitudes towards acceptable Internet usage has resulted in companies restricting access to career sites from office computers. Employees who wish to conduct their job hunt over lunch now have little option but to use an Internet cafe or their mobile device.
Well, I am looking intensively for a job from my own computer and wouldn't want to migrate to mobile. But now I see why other people might want to. Always question your assumptions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment